The course is designed to assist grade 12 learners to improve understanding and exam marks on the topics of paper 2, which will mainly focus on the following topics
- Maps and plans
The objectives of this course is to assist learners to master and understand the content of mathematical literacy paper 2, the objectives can be attained by starting with the basic topic which is conversions, the conversion topic is spread throughout the question paper 2, if a learners struggles to convert the likelihood for the learner to pass paper 2 is limited.
Through the support of this course at the end of term a learner should be able to:
- learner should be able to convert measurements to the correct Units, including: Distance, Mass/weight and Volume/capacity.
- should be able to read off information directly given clock/time, plans and models.
- Identify appropriate formula from the list.
- explain/define meaning of terms: Perimeter, Area, Volume, Capacity, Diameter and Radius.
- Measure accurately using instruments and Measure the dimensions of structure for which drawing will be constructed.
- learner should be able to identify in a structure if units in a structure are the same before calculating.
Maps and Plans
- Learner should be able to correctly read off information directly from given Maps and Plans.
- identify: names of the national roads, names of towns and routes, scale on the map or model.
- explain meaning of: number scale, bar scale, seating plan, layout, floor plan and elevation
- learner should be able to calculate and estimated materials to build or renovate.
* Important notice: you are expected to have a calculator and a full ruler all the time.
Climatology is the study of the atmosphere and weather patterns over time. This field focuses on recording and analyzing weather patterns throughout the world and understanding the atmospheric conditions that cause them.
This online course is designed to equip students with the necessary and efficient skills to read and interpret satellite images and synoptic weather maps that are related to Midlatitude Cyclones as well as Tropical Cyclones.
This course provides an overview of climate and weather that is experienced in South Africa in winter and summer respectively linked to Midlatitude cyclones and Tropical cyclones. Furthermore, this online courseware will equip students with skills to understand (1) general characteristics of these TWO cyclones; (2) areas in which they form in South Africa; (3) conditions that are necessary for their formation and (4) stages of their developments and related weather conditions.
TERM 2: DRAMA GRADE 8
SOUTH AFRICAN POETRY
What you will learn about in this term:
Consolidation of previous term with addition of exercises to develop tone and resonance
Consolidation of previous term with addition of exercises to develop focus and control
Interpretation and performance of selected indigenous poems written by South African poets.
Text analysis - expressing piece in own words
Vocal clarity: speak clearly and audibly
Emotional connection with poem
Creation of appropriate mood
Appreciation and reflection
Appreciation and reflection based on peer interpretation and performance of the poetry performance, using drama terminology